At Highland, we pride ourselves on finding ways to create a quality living experience for each of our residents. Every day our goal is to meet each individual where they are, and meet their needs, whatever they may be. We take the time to sit and read a book with a resident or walk with a person that just wants to take a walk.
All of our staff have been trained to use the person-centered care approach, to care for each resident. We work very hard to encourage social interaction every day which helps residents to avert feelings of loneliness and boredom. We continually encourage participation in activities to stimulate the senses, helping them to feel connected and part of the community, which results in each individual’s Quality of Life being enhanced.
The Person-Centered Care Approach
- Individualized activities programs for both Assisted Living and Memory Care residents.
- Continuity of Care (low staff turnover).
- Advanced training in dementia.
- Our staff takes the time to get to know each individual resident, and their preferences.
- We focus on what residents “can do“, rather than what they “can’t do”.
- Daily doses of laughter and camaraderie.
- Our secure building allows residents to walk throughout the entire building.
- See NCAL’s Guiding Principles for Dementia Care for more info on Person-Centered Care